Watching Nathaniel has caused me to come to this decision. I’d rather be a toddler than a widow….
When you’re a toddler
- It’s perfectly acceptable to cry in public.
- People think you’re cute even when teary eyed.
- You can throw temper tantrums and cry and wail, flail and scream, kick and punch and everybody just says it’s normal.
- It’s okay to release every emotion and get everything all out on the table.
- You can release every emotion within a matter of a few minutes and it’s okay and you’re not crazy.
- Things that were “the end of the world” five minutes ago are all fixed now.
- Ice cream fixes anything.
- A kiss makes boo boos and pain disappear and turns the whole world right again.
- Hugs and snuggling are two of the best things in the world!
- There’s always somebody to comfort you and hug you when you have a bad dream.
- You’ve always got somebody to re-assure you and give you confidence and strength.
- Somebody else does all the worrying… you get to play and there are lots and lots of toys.
- You don’t even know what bills are.
- Somebody else makes sure that you have yummy, nutritious, warm meals.
- You don’t have to drive.
- There are no major decisions for you to make.
- Life is simple and uncomplicated.
- Somebody else looks after you.
- Somebody else always has your best interests at heart- for your health, your well being, and your future…
- You are the most important thing in somebody’s world.
- You always have somebody who loves you to guide and encourage you- a built in cheerleader and pep talk.
- Unconditional love.
- Simple pleasures make for big delights.
- People say, “What a cute big belly.” and smile sincerely.
- Life is innocent.
- Life is carefree.
- Once the tears are wiped away, it’s time to laugh and play and the tears are behind you… in the past… gone… time for a toy!
These are just a few of the reasons that I’ve decided that I’d rather be a toddler than a widow. It could be that I’ve been up for 29 hours and can’t quite think straight, but I can”t think of a single worthwhile benefit to being a widow.